Why Your Home is at a Higher risk for Rodents During Summer
Everyone enjoys summertime. It’s time for fun weekends and barbeques. As it turns out, rodents actually love summertime also! You might have thought rodents are more of a fall pest but they don’t necessarily take the summer off from causing trouble. They still need to find food and shelter from the summer heat. If your home isn’t properly protected by a professional Rodent company, it can be a great all-inclusive summer destination for mice and rats!
Rodent Population Will Increase During Summer Months
- Typically, rodents will maintain living outdoors in the summer
unless they find their way into your house. Since mice in the wild usually only
breed during warmer seasons, they will breed and multiply rather quickly in
your home if left undisturbed.
- The reason why we see these rodents less in homes during liveable temperatures is that there are enough food sources and shelter outside during the other seasons.
Why it’s Important to get Rodent Proofing Services for Mice and Rodents During Summer
We would assume that rodents would rather move into your home in
the winter for food and shelter that is normally easily available outdoors
during the summer and spring. Which is why you don’t usually hear much about
rodent issues in the summer. However, just because you don’t see them in your
home doesn’t mean those pesky rodents aren’t running around your home in unseen
areas causing problems.
- When ample shelter and food sources are available, mice and rodents
will breed and multiply relatively quickly throughout the summer and continue
to be even more of a nuisance throughout the year.
- During summer months rodents like to eat fresh food from crops and
gardens. If it gets too hot they will build shelter underground or find shelter
in your home.
- The summer rodent
population growth will only lead to a larger issue during the winter months
when mice and rats start to look for a safer place for them to call home. This
is why it’s important to take care of the rodent infestation before it gets out
of hand, call Rodents Stop today to control or prevent summer rodent
infestations in your home.
If you find rodents inside your home this summer, it’s very likely that they’ve been there the whole year. Mice and rats like to make nests where it’s warm during winter but with every seasonal change, they will move around. Rodents will relocate from the attic to the basement starting in early in the summer to shady cool places to nest and find food. call Rodents Stop today to control or prevent summer rodent infestations in your home.
How Can Rodents Get Into Your Home in the Summer?
How do mice and rats find their way into your home during the summer months? Rats and mice are more adventurous during summertime compared to other seasons. While they’re out exploring, roaming around, they find ways to get into homes, and if your home has what they need, they will stay as long as they can.
Rodents are naturally drawn to building structures because they can smell food and they can sense where there is a safe shelter for them. As they get closer to your home, they will pick up a scent that draws them into your home. Once they’re in, they won’t leave unless a professional rodent technician applies special rodent control treatments customized for your specific rodent problem. If you suspect a rodent problem, don’t let it escalate, call Rodents Stop for a thorough inspection of your home.
- Rodents can get into your home from a space as small as a dime-sized opening to squeeze their way into your house.
- They usually find these openings near window sills or door frames, especially if it is close to ground level.
- They also find gaps between utility wires and the side entrances of the home.
- Even small cracks and gaps in the foundation or baseboards could be potential access points.
- Rats and mice will even go as far as to chewing through walls to enter a building.
Why Are Rodents a Problem in the Summer?
Rodents will eat anything they can get their paws on, they particularly love pantries where dry grains are kept. They eat as much as they can and contaminate the rest of cereals, pasta, bread, crackers and any other grains they will find. If that’s not bad enough, they leave droppings behind which are a health hazard to you and your loved ones.
Even if they don’t have access to your food, they will gladly chew on anything else they can find. Rodents’ teeth are always growing, this means they never actually stop teething which gives them a constant urge to chew. They’ll chew electrical wiring (which is extremely dangerous), and on cardboard, fabric and anything else they like.
The worst of all is that rodents reproduce all year, if they are left alone for long enough to build nests, those rodent babies will terrorize your home for as long as they can stay. Don’t let rodent families take over your home, control the rodent problem right away. Rodents Stop will eliminate the rodents once and for all with a lifetime guarantee!
Don’t allow rodents to use your home as their new summer vacation resort. Begin protecting your home from rodents today. Call Rodents Stop for a free inspection by our friendly, certified technicians.
Rodents Stop is a family owned Rodent Control Company protecting one home at a time in the Los Angeles area. We are so confident in the quality of our work that we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all treatments. If you see another rodent after we have completed our services, we will come back free of charge until the problem is resolved for good. Our Rodent control treatment entails of over 30 years of experience in the industry, we know what it takes to prevent or eliminate the rodent problem in your home.
Our skilled Rodent Control technicians will be able to do the following:
- Once you call us to set up an appointment, we will thoroughly inspect your home focusing on common entry points such as your attic, garage, basement, back yard or anywhere else rodents are usually found to see how severe the rodent infestation is.
- Next, we can do what is called “proofing” which is sealing all entry points even as small as a dime. Areas we like to focus on inside the home are typically under your appliances, pantry, closets, anywhere rodents could have chewed their way into.
- We clean up the mess for you. Rodents leave droppings and urine everywhere they go, this is a health hazard to you and your loved ones and is extremely unsanitary. We do the dirty work so you don’t have to. Rodents Stop also offers attic insulation removal and replacement.
- It is very important to sanitize and disinfect all traces of rodents so that they don’t come back. Rodents Stop uses a special proprietary pheromone neutralizer to effectively eliminate all traces of mice and rats.
- Special traps will be placed in areas where it is necessary to eliminate any last remaining rodents that survive the proofing and sanitation process.
If you are suspicious of Rodent activity in your home, call Rodents Stop today to schedule a free inspection as soon as possible.