In most homes, pets are considered part of the family. Whether it’s dogs, cats, birds or reptiles, we understand how important it is to consider the safety of your pets with every decision you make. If you think you might have a rodent problem in your home, keep your pets safe by making sure the rodent treatment you choose is pet-friendly. When deciding on the right Rodent Control service for your home, check with the company first to know what chemicals they use and ensure that it will not harm your pets.
Are The Dangers Of Rodent Control Treatments For Your Pets?
Rodent poison is known as “rodenticide” which is used to kill rodents. Rodenticides are toxic, poisonous to mammals that ingest it with lethal effects. Sadly, rodenticide is on the top ten list of chemicals that are responsible for pet poisoning. More than 100 pet deaths are reported every year due to the pet being exposed to rodent poison. It is important to be aware of the risks associated with rodent poison and the health of your pets.
Rodenticides work by disabling blood clots, causing rodents to die due to internal bleeding. Vets name rodenticides to be dangerous and toxic to all mammals targeted or not, rodenticides are sadly a leading cause of poisoning for pets and other wildlife. The most hazardous rodent poisons are anticoagulant rodenticides, such as brodifacoum, bromadiolone, and dimethicone. These can be very toxic to dogs, cats, and other pets with even the smallest amount of contamination. According to vets, the following symptoms are what cats and dogs might show after being in contact with rodent poison:
• Difficulty breathing
• Coughing, especially of blood
• Pale gums
• Vomiting blood
• Bleeding gums
• Sudden Death
Many of Rodents Stop customers come to us after researching ways to control a rodent problem, without putting their pets at risk. At Rodents Stop, our Rodent Control Treatments for your home are guaranteed to be safe for your pets. It is a priority at Rodents Stop to offer solutions for eliminating mice and rats from your home with a treatment that is pet-friendly and safe for your family. Our team of rodent control specialists keeps the health of your pets in mind while implementing solutions for your home to be rodent-free. Rodents Stop rodent control technicians are all certified and trained to perform the most effective rodent control services with the highest priority being the safety and health of your family and pets with a pet-friendly rodent removal solution.
Keep Your Pets Safe During Rodent Control Services
– Once you have scheduled your home inspection, be sure to secure your pets indoors while the technician evaluates the degree of rodent infestation in your home.
– Before the rodent control treatment application process beings, remove all pet food/water bowls, toys, and food containers to avoid any contamination.
– Do not let your pet wander around your property unsupervised since they might come into contact with contaminated rodents that could have been poisoned elsewhere.
– Do not attempt to resolve the rodent infestation yourself. Many DIY rodent control solutions are in fact poisonous and could poison your pet from one sniff.
Many people who try to take care of the rodent
problem themselves might actually make the rodent infestation worse, with the
added risk of pets possibly becoming poisoned. Often times rodent bait is
placed in areas you wouldn’t think your pet can reach, but never underestimate
your pet’s ability to jump, climb and access the rodent bait that can
compromise their health.
If you do not want to risk the health of your pets, but want to remove rodents from your home permanently and effectively, call Rodents Stop to schedule your home inspection. We’re ready to help, all services also include a guarantee that our treatment will remove rodents from your home for good, or we will apply the treatment to the area again for free!