Rats, Mice, Everywhere! How to Keep Them Out of Your Home
Rats are a common problem for homeowners. They can invade your home in search of food or shelter and can cause a lot of damage in the process. If you’re having problems with rats, it’s important to take action to stop them from entering your home. In this blog post, we will discuss how to rodent-proof your home and keep these pests out for good!
Rats can be a major nuisance when they invade your home. They can cause damage to your property, spread disease, and contaminate food and surfaces with their droppings. Luckily, there are several steps you can take to get rid of rats in your home fast.
The first step is to make sure that your home is sealed off property from rodents. Rats and mice can enter a home through tiny cracks and crevices, so the first step in preventing an infestation is to inspect your home for any potential entry points. Look for small gaps around windows and doors, as well as any holes near pipes or wires that lead into your home. Seal these holes with steel wool or the necessary material.
Rats can cause thousands of dollars in damage to a home, far more than the initial cost of sealing and repairing their entry points. Rodents chew through wires and insulation, which can lead to short circuits and fires. They also gnaw on furniture, baseboards, walls, and other items. Rats also spread diseases which lead to health problems.
Don’t wait until your rodent infestation gets worse – call a rodent-proofing company today to protect your home from the damage, destruction, and diseases that rats can cause. The expert technicians will inspect your home for any potential entry points, such as small gaps around windows and doors or holes near pipes and wires. Once these entry points
Signs Of A Rat Infestation In Your Home:
The most obvious sign that you have a rat infestation in your home is the presence of live rats. You may see them scurrying across floors, running through walls, or hiding in dark places. Other signs of an infestation include droppings, claw marks on surfaces, noises in the attic, or black oil residue rodents leave behind while brushing off on entry points.
How do you stop rats from entering your home?
Once you have identified you have a rodent problem in your home, there are several effective ways to rodents-proof your home and keep rats away.
1. Seal all possible entry points: the first thing we recommend is sealing off all entry points because rodents will come back due to the scent they leave off when they’ve entered your home. Entry points can be from the roof tiles, improperly sealed structures of the home, openings such as vent pipes, and more. These need to be addressed because anything as small as a quarter can lead to rodents running back into your home.
2. Don’t leave out food that can attract rodents to the home: Leaving food in or around your home can lead to attracting rodents. This includes backyard trash, food scraps, or that unused barbeque which provides storage and shelter for rodents. To help keep rodents at bay, keep all debris clear to help avoid rodents being attracted to your home in the first place.
3. Trim trees, shrubs, and limbs in your backyard: Rodents are great climbers, and leveraging a tree that is dangling off of your roof can make a great access point for rodents to go from a tree to the top of your roof which usually as many openings to get into your attic. Once rodents make their way into the attic, they can easily find their way through the home, entering the kitchen, and other parts of the home. It only tasks one rodent from entering your home to having a serious infestation.
4. Check with your neighbors to see if they have a rodent problem: If you are experiencing rodent problems, chances are your neighbors are too.
5. Call the professionals if the problem does not go away: Rodents Stop is here to serve to solve your rat and mouse issue once in for all. We offer a lifetime guarantee in solving your rat and mouse problem for life. Call us today to get started on your free estimate. See why thousands of Southern California homes trusted Rodents Stop to solve their rodent infestation once in for all. Out 30-year-old treatment is meant for life.